Monday 23 July 2012

First Yarn-Bomb Location: Identified

I'm temping this week at an agency where it's safe to say I'm a regular. I work with one of the two receptionists (blog-names: Showgirl and Tats) each time and they are both equally amused and interested by my current knitting projects and always ask for updates.

Last week I was talking to Showgirl about my upcoming yarn bombing plan and she was intrigued, we ended up looking at various yarn-bombing websites and images together.  This week she's on holiday and so I am covering her. This morning I found she had left me a note asking if I had achieved my yarn bomb yet.

Tats brought it up too, turns out Showgirl was telling him all about it and he too is intrigued. While talking about it, he had a truly fantastic suggestion - yarn bomb her desk for her return from holiday! I was excited, what a brilliant idea - I will yarn-bomb the leg of the desk she shares with Tats and I think she will love it!

It's a creative agency and the desk leg faces the studio not any incoming clients so I doubt anyone will mind...we'll see!

The YARN BOMB TARGET...with a bit of Tat's tatted leg.

Of course this won't exactly be anonymous but there's time for more risky pieces later...let the measurements commence!




“Why do you have a cigarette lighter in your glove compartment?" her husband, Jack, asked her. "I'm bored with knitting. I've taken up arson” 
Audrey NiffeneggerHer Fearful Symmetry

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...