Monday 26 March 2012

Living The Dream...

Since I was very little I wanted to be an actress yet my favourite game to play with my sister and friends was 'Offices'. I loved playing admin, we'd make up busy office type things to do, answer phones, shuffle papers, write things and generally be very 'busy'.

I am an actress as you all know but it's very quiet on the old audition circuit right now and so I'm currently temping. It only occurred to me today, while in the midst of franking 800 envelopes having stuffed most of them between answering phones and transferring calls, that technically, according to my 8 year old self, I'm living my dream scenario. Technically I have nailed the best of both worlds.

It struck me that if I can only channel my 8 year old self and the glee she'd have felt to be both an actor and an office person with lots of admin to do,  it will help me get through these quiet audition free days.

If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.
- Tom Stoppard

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...