Sunday 4 September 2011

It Sure Was One to Remember

So my birthday has been and gone and it was s-u-p-e-r-b!

I was so spoilt that I need a new word for spoilt!

It started with The Big One's arrival on Friday, the best present I could wish for to have him here. 

I woke up Saturday morning to cards from Patch &  Tache and My Lovely Dad. Then I had a pressie to open from The Big One - the lovely Liberty Feather print notebook I had featured on here with another pale blue Liberty notebook!

Then the card - I knew we were going for dinner and staying in a hotel but I didn't know I was going to be given a wodge of spending money for a shopping trip! 

So gasps and hugs later we had breakfast at the lovely Cafe Renoir with a friend and fellow actor, I shall blogname him...The Mac. It was lovely to see him before he heads off to Serbia and weeks of filming exciting new things plus breakfast was pretty de-lish!

Then I had a matinee show but not before a wander and a perusal in the Oxfam bookshop where I found a biography of Esther Williams. Wandering a bit more we headed into Maggie Mays for a birthday Oreo milkshake - I have never seen a bigger milkshake!

 
Matinee over I headed back with The Big One to hang out in my onesie and eat the chocolate covered pretzels he'd brought over with him.

Evening show and once it was over I met The Big One and Spaghetti Arms in the bar for a quick drink with some other actors we know and then we headed to Barking Dog for a lovely dinner with HawkandFallow! The night was long, loud and lovely and at about 2am The Big One and I fell into bed.

Sunday: Lazy morning, Sunday show then met The Big One at the theatre to head to the lovely Malmaison hotel! It was gorgeous! Bit of a nap later we headed out for yet another birthday dinner, this time at Made in Belfast.




After filling ourselves to bursting with scrumminess we headed to the cinema to watch Rise of The Planet of The Apes which was brilliant. 

So next was Monday and my birthday shopping trip....




“Last week the candle factory burned down. Everyone just stood around and sang Happy Birthday.”
- Steve Wright


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...